This feature allows you to add, remove, and update data tags from device records and create segments using a CSV.
This feature does not import or transfer devices into OneSignal or across OneSignal apps. See Onboarding With OneSignal for more on importing or transferring devices.
Migrating or Importing Devices to OneSignal?
See our Onboarding With OneSignal guide for more details on importing device records.
OneSignal doesn't provide an option to transfer users from one app to another. Please reach out to our Support Team with more details on your use case.
Importing Email Addresses or Phone Numbers?
- Navigate to Audience > All Users
- Select Actions > Import/Update Users
- From the pop-up menu select Upload CSV next to Update Users.
Navigate to your CSV and select it to begin the upload
You will now see a preview of the import where you can do the following:
- Decide to turn on/off certain tag columns from being imported
- Automatically create a segment of the import (will add a tag and create the segment with the tag name)
- Decide to delete tags if values are empty within the record's row
Once you Confirm and Import you will get an email stating your CSV Import has finished.
This is a Paid OneSignal Account. This is not available for Free tiered customers.
|CSV file with a ||If using |
|CSV restrictions||- Must have |
- Must be comma separated values (
- Cannot use semi-colons
- Must remove quotes (
- The first row must have
external_user_idas columns. Please ensure you spell these correctly.
- Do not use quotes around any parameters. Please remove all quote marks.
- Parameters must be separated by commas. Semi-colons do not work.
Updated over 1 year ago